Yeah, that pretty much sums up my feelings on 2012. Oh, I knew the Mayans were wrong and we wouldn’t end up blowing ourselves to kingdom come, or being blown to kingdom come. There’s a whole conversation I could go into about the calendar, but I’ll spare you. 😉 Some very good things happened this year, some things it’s too early to talk about much, but losing a family member, well that just makes the year suckieth, does it not? Yeah. Well, anyway, the good news is, you know, it all turned into fodder for writing, and I have done what I never thought I would: accomplished a lifetime dream and become published. Thank the gods that self-publishing stigma died… So how did 2012 treat you all? Are you ready to put the nail in its coffin or are you going to miss it?
For 2013, To start the new year off right, I have many more tour stops. (Thanks to all my hosts present, future and past!) I also have a new story out. It’s a side story in Caitlin’s world—that is the world of The Artist’s Inheritance.
Caitlin’s Book of Shadows:
Something terrifying stalks Caitlin and her beloved Trevor. Something the bits and pieces she left claimed she had to make sense of–or so legend says. When the curator of their collection finds Caitlin’s long forgotten diary, she wonders will it tell the whole tale? Will it tell why Caitlin seemed so determined to tell the difference between reality and nightmare even as she continued the fight to defend her family from evil? Will it explain why she thought her world twisted? If she really became a witch?
Perhaps the answer lies between the lines of her story, one of lessons, struggles, and the hopes she carried like a warrior’s shield.
**This is a side (or supplemental, if you will) story in the Antique Magic series, a companion to The Artist’s Inheritance (Antique Magic, Book One).
Its official book 1.5 in my Antique Magic series. Here’s a little ole trailer I made for it.
What do you think? The story is up at Amazon now. I hope you will enjoy it. 🙂
As for book two, I’m working on revisions as we speak, and there are even more goodies on the horizon for this year….Patience, my friends, that’s the hardest part, isn’t it? 😉 And I saw this on Independent Bookworm, and think it makes total sense, so I vikked–erm borrowed it. (They attribute this to Heinlein)
Writing Goals for 2013 then.
- You must WRITE. (<–*nodsnods* Wedding List and every other darned thing in my head. ;))
- You must FINISH what you write. <–*nodnods* Drawing down the Shades, baby! Wedding List is coming up fast behind.)
- You must NOT REWRITE unless to editorial demand. (That means an editor who’s paying you, not one you hire. Fixing typos / mistakes is acceptable.) <–one word: I agree; to a point. I agree with author Robert J. Sawyer. I don’t think this counts authorial revisions and tweaks, or Heinlein was mad. 😉 You gotta revise to get the *ahem* out of there.
- You must put your work on the MARKET. <– *nodsnods* I hope to. Luckily that’s easier now than in Heinlein’s heyday.
- You must LEAVE your work on the market. <–Although there are less and less big six (big three? markets these days, there are ways around that, so I plan on it.
So we’ll see. At the very least I hope you all enjoy my chatter, and my stories! 🙂 How’s your outlook for 2013?