What are my top five books?
1) No surprise here, right?Michael Moorcock’s fantasy classic Elric of Melniboné .
The rest are in no particular order, really.
2) The Mabinogion, a collection of old Welsh mythological tales, for those who don’t know.
3) The Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot
4) The Song of the Lioness Series by Tamora Pierce
5) Mists of Avalon by Marion Zimmer Bradley
Do they have any particular influence on my manuscripts? Some, I can see a lot of Mists of Avalon and the Mabinogion in Passion’s Sacred Dance. There are definite influences of the Mabinogion on The Artist’s Inheritance as the idea of the broken geas inspired that whole novel. Elric, well, he inspires all my heroes I think. The rest are just books I love.If you haven’t read them, I say give them a shot.