Tricia at Authors to Watch gave me an award and plumb got too busy to post it…
“Liebster” is a German word for favorite, and the Liebster Blog Award is given to bloggers deserving wider recognition, and who have less than 200 followers. The purpose of the Liebster Blog Award is to spread the word about these folks and their fine work.
Thanks for your patience, Tricia, and go check out her nice site.
So without further ado, here are the rules for participation on the Liebster Blog Award:
- Tell 11 things about yourself.
- Answer 11 questions from the blogger who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
- Post 11 questions for those who will be nominated by you.
- Get in contact with those 11 bloggers in order to inform them that you nominated them.
Here are 11 things about myself
1. I garden when weather allows. But you knew that.
2. My ears are double pierced but I don’t wear even one pair of earrings often let alone two.
3. I always wanted to learn to deep sea dive (should’ve given dad the diver)
4. My dad was a diver and I can’t hesitate to pick up diver figurines because of it.
5. I played guitar and flute at one time.
6. I’ve made some demos (god-awful some of them. hehe)
7. I like to bake, but hate doing dishes.
8. Despite the above, I am *not* a domestic goddess (no, really. I’m not)
9. I don’t do bucket lists, just sayin’ ;)
10. I can’t drive a stick shift.
11. I’ve tried ice skating… ;) It didn’t go well.
Eleven questions. Oh, help. I don’t know?
1. Why did you start blogging?
As an experiment really. A friend of mine had an online blog at Livejournal back then and I thought it might make a good way to organize my thoughts.
2. What is your favorite genre to read?
Anything really but I’m partial to fantasy and science fiction
3. What fictional character do you most wish were real?
4. Describe your dream office for writing.
I dunno. Nice sized desk to fit my computer, and all my reference books. A shelf nearby for the books that won’t fit on the desk, and a comfy chair, good light and a good selection of music. :)
5. Name one thing you couldn’t live without.
6. If you could only keep one book, what would it be?
Impossible. Absolutely impossible! But if you twisted my arm…um, Sailor on the Seas of Fate.
7. If you could magically transport yourself into any book, which one would you choose,
and what character would you be?
Elric’s series. Any are good. I’d probably want to be Myshella, if not Moonglum (but that would require a sex change. Not going there…)
8. Do you have any phobias?
Yes, but that’s TMI so I’m not sharing. ;)
9. What is your biggest pet peeve?
People who sing songs without knowing the lyrics. *ducks*
10. Describe yourself in five words.
Writer, wife, scholar, artist, Seeker.
11. Who is your favorite well-known author and your favorite rising star author?
Ooh, well? First of all my favorite author is not all that well-known. I mean he’s been around since the 60s but he’s still mostly an underground star. Of course longtime readers know who I mean: Michael Moorcock. Favorite rising star author? I have several actually: Marsha A. Moore, Jolene Dawe and S. G. Rogers. :)
1. What inspired your latest book? (or, for the non-writers, what inspires you?)
2. Favorite color?
3: Favorite band?
4: Do you have another talent other than writing?
5: Do you have a bucket list?
6: What’s on it?
7: What’s your favorite time of day to read?
8: What drives you up the wall?
9: Which do you prefer, leather jackets, denim jackets or good ole homespun?
10: Angels, gods, or wizards?
11: Do you really judge a cover by its book? ;)
Nominating bloggers, just a few: